Playful, Pius or Remembered Stuff

Hang out with the old preacher by browsing my blogs.



Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tomatoes in January

After slipping and sliding on the roads east of us, we quickly remembered that in the rest of the country it is winter. Back here in California we found tomatoes still growing in our garden. Okay, the vines are dying, and there is not a great abundance, but I needed to show you at least one.



Here it is. And there are more, but they are not as impressive. Next to the tomatoes are my jalapeno peppers.




There was a large watermelon also, but the vine had withered and died, so I picked it and stored it in the auxiliary refrigerator in the garage. I'm not about to boast of my farming abilities, but I can testify to the great growing season here in Lakewood, CA. As John Calvin would have said, I lucked out on the soil amendment I picked up at the local nursery. That is what made our fig tree so happy (old post: "The Happy Fig").

No comments:

Post a Comment