Playful, Pius or Remembered Stuff

Hang out with the old preacher by browsing my blogs.



Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hair and Trust

A good marriage doesn't need any proof. But if you want to test the trust level between you and your spouse, cut one another's hair. Barbara cut my hair this morning, and just to jerk her chain I emitted a blood curdling scream when I looked in the mirror. It's just a tad too short for my 'drothers. But to tell you the truth, just as long as she is not ashamed to be seen with me in public I couldn't care less what others think. So the coiffure is fine.

What may surprise you most is that Barbara also asks me to cut her hair. Now there was the time that I may have been a little too enthusiastic, and the result required a couple of weeks before she boasted of how good a job her husband did. But most of the time she just washes her hair and raves about how nice I made it look. I never attended barber school, but we do have a secret. Barbara's hair is still naturally curly enough that it arranges itself after washing. Nobody could give Barbara a bad haircut.

When I used to go the barber, they never laughed when I complained that I was bald after they cut my hair. Do you suppose they heard that one before? Well, this morning I told Barbara to put some back, and she didn't laugh either. I am not very good at haircut humor.

I had a Mohawk haircut when I was 9 years old. I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment