Playful, Pius or Remembered Stuff

Hang out with the old preacher by browsing my blogs.



Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Diet: week 16

Great week! Great start on the future of my dining career. I lost 5 pounds this week. I think I was the champion of the class this time. There are two men who are ahead of me in the overall total loss. (No, we don't play the game of biggest loser. Instead we encourage one another.) Richard has lost a total of 65 pounds, and Rod has lost a total of 62. My total now is 59. But that's really not the point. I am feeling better, and looking better. I just realized that I am gardening again, and enjoying it. After we moved I began planting flowers, veggies, and even a fig tree. I still move slowly, but one day last week I was plugging away out there all day. It must be a couple of years since I have been able to do anything like this.

Remember that although I label this post "Diet: week 16" we have just had class number 17 in the program. That means that this week we begin transition. Instead of 4 shakes and one soup each day, I now am prescribed 3 shakes and one frozen dinner. Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice and stuff like that with 350 calories or less. I just came home from shopping and I confess I went crazy shuffling through the freezer case. I bought no less than 8 dinners, and no two of them are alike. I think the highest calorie count is 290. After being on "conservation mode" for 16 weeks, my body is going to rejoice--even over a measly 290 calories.

Now I am afraid I will gain some weight back because my body is in this mode that wants to store all the calories it can get. That's why transition has to be so gradual. Also my digestive system needs to adjust to normal food with some natural fiber and nutrients. We're moving away from the chemicals, and back to the food--and not a moment too soon!

Today I'm a happy man. But those 6o pounds of lard still lurk in the shadows. That's my boogy man, waiting to get me.

No comments:

Post a Comment